Volunteering Abroad South Africa
“There is so much that needs to be done in South Africa’s around education, economic and health issues. I do this job to learn more about these glaring issues and to help find solutions by partnering with the international and local communities. I believe that one of the best ways to find solutions is through education empowerment for young children to become responsible, educated social citizens of tomorrow!”
Volunteering Benefits in South Africa
- Live and Learn in a country where the world longest prisoner and greatest civil rights leader of all times, Nelson Mandela.
- Compare and Contrast (1st world and 3rd world) side-by-side and decide for yourself which side South Africa really belongs. South Africa is a learning bed for students of history, social studies, public health, economics, politics and education around the new millennium societal dilemmas.
- Most accommodations have modern amenities and clean running drinking and bathing water.
- You can choose to experience real local food or can choose to stay with the same diet as at your home.
- Teach English to students starting from Day Care to High School, volunteers can choose which grade-level option is suitable for them.
- HIV/AIDS Home-Based Community Service. Walk around the township of Tembisa with home-based care givers and experience “township living”, “township warmth and friendliness”
- Conduct Research, ECD (Early Childhood Development) studies, develop programs and solutions for orphaned and vulnerable children scalable around the world and could get university graduate level credits.
- South Africa is an English speaking country. The international community is broad particularly with people from Germany, Australia, USA, UK and China. SA has the best restaurants!, they do braai (BBQ) right!
- Very friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable about the community needs. At volunteer departure, they make sure they show you this side of them.
Sight-Seeing: Johannesburg Area
- Apartheid Museum (History of Apartheid and Nelson Mandela’s Life) ( Hector Peterson Memorial) The road to South Africa’s independence, Cradle of Humankind (The first human remains found in South Africa), Monte Casino at Fourways (You actually can win Big)!