Volunteer Costa Rica For most working families in Costa Rica having access to a local a day care center is essential. The center provides a safe haven for their young children as the parents go to work each day. This center provided care for over 100 children between the ages of 2 to 6 years old. The center provides play based curriculum focusing on social, emotional and physical development of each children through interaction with their teacher and peers.
Volunteers often also assist the local staff with tasks such as washing dishes and cleaning, which are essential to the daily running of the care centers. The main things our volunteer offer is a source of support, friendship and interaction with the staff and children at the center. Any skills you have to offer are welcome, and hugely benefit the center and local staff. This program can be combined with a language immersion course.
General Tasks: feeding and washing up, teaching numbers and letters in English, playing games and doing arts and craft projects with the children. You may also help in the kitchen areas, and with light cleaning jobs at the program.
Volunteer Abroad: Day Care Center
- Project length: From 1 week to 6 weeks.
- Arrival Airport: San Jose (SJO) Juan Santamaría International Airport.
- Work Schedule: From Monday to Friday. Minimum 6 hours per day.
- Requirements: Basic Spanish, independent bus ride to/from project site. US$50 donation.
- Age Limits: 18 years or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways, Copa, Taca, Avianca, Spirit Airways.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: Host Families.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
- Arrival: Airport (SJO) meet and greet by ABV Staff and Airport transfer on arrival to San Jose
- Orientation: Orientation upon arrival.
- Support: Full time in-country ABV Coordinator. 24/7 emergency contact number.
- Departure: Transfer back to the airport at the end of the program.
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance (US$53 approx). Internet & Laundry: only available in some host families: US$10 a week). Any extra activities and excursions or tours not described on the planned itinerary. US$50 donation paid over the total fee.