If you are seeking to gain professional teaching experience, or planning a career in early childhood development, or simply interested in supporting an educational project, consider volunteering in a classroom with Young students.
Young children whose families face significant economic challenges often do not receive the support, attention, and education they need to thrive. The local kindergarten is not only a center of education, it is a safe haven and provides nourishment to the kids. Each class room has about 40 children between the ages of 4 to 6 years old. Volunteers are welcome and needed as an extra set of hands. Volunteers help teachers doing their ordinary activities like drawing, coloring, singing and playing, and arranging educational games.
Spanish speaking volunteers are preferred. Language Immersion lessons can be arranged in the afternoon.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: March through December. Two week winter vacation in mid July.
- Requirements: Basic Spanish or Spanish lessons locally
- Program donation: US$50 payable with the program fees.
- Arrival airport: Via Lima to Ayacucho (AYA)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Via Lima to Ayachucho Lan Peru, Start Perú, LC Perú
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Ayacucho
- Airport meet and greet in Ayacucho. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing and afternoons free to explore the city
- Typical shift work hours are 8 am - 13pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Tours to Cusco, to the Nazca Lines, to the Apurimac Valley (Coca Valley or Upper Amazon Forest) to the Wari Ruins and the Quinua Village