This is a senior living home, with professional staff and and volunteers dedicated to provide care, companionship and permanent attention to elderly women. Currently, there are 45 female residents, whom have been abandoned in the streets or have been abused or neglected by their family. Although the local staff do all they can to care, provide food and love, there is such a need for more help!
Volunteers help to clean the bedrooms and the house, washing clothes, help in the kitchen, feed the elderly women, spend time and play games with them. Also, give them the medicines, heal their lesions, cut their hair (if you can do it) and accompany them to the hospital. Basic Spanish speaking volunteers are preferred. Language Immersion lessons are available.
*Imp: The transportation in not included to the program. The transportation (round trip) cost is around US$1 by bus or US$4 by taxi can be divided between 2 - 3 volunteers (15 min ride approx 2 miles).
(***Arrival to Arequipa must be done between 7am and 7pm local time***)
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Requirements: Basic Spanish or Spanish lessons locally.
- Program donation: US$50 payable with the program fees.
- Arrival airport: Via Lima to Arequipa (AQP)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Via Lima to Arequipa. Lan Peru, Peruvian, Taca (Avianca) , LCPeru
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Arequipa
- Airport meet and greet in Arequipa. Next day city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 30 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing and afternoons free to explore the city
- Typical shift work hours are 8 am – 5 pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|South America / US$|
|Peru - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1735||1895|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.