It is never too late to learn a language. What better way than to be 100% immerse? You're forced to think in another language, think as the locals do, and truly grasp what it means to be someone that lives in that particular area!
Delve into a new language. This is a great opportunity to take Spanish lessons while being part of a community project in Ayacucho. Be fully immersed in Peruvian culture, learn Spanish, live with a local host family, all the while contributing to a community led program. Spanish lessons are generally 20 hours per week. The rest of your time will be dedicated to your volunteer project.
Our language immersion program can be combined with any of the Ayacucho based volunteer projects: teaching, medical, and orphanage support or the pre-medical. Language lessons are given by local tutors. Lessons focus on conversation practice, grammar, vocabulary and will be customized based on your Spanish levels.
Volunteer Opportunities Peru Language & Cultural Immersion
- Project length: From 1 week to 4 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Ayacucho (AYA) via Lima connection
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Peru, LC Busre, Star Perú
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Ayacucho
- Airport meet and greet in Ayacucho. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Morning or afternoon Spanish lessons, 5 days a week for 20 hours (45min each)
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet