- Published on Tuesday, October 02 2012 18:26
With several orphanages in and around Tacloban our volunteers are providing a helping hand and supporting the care of hundreds of children. Each orphanage has over 50 children, some with 100 abandoned and unwanted orphans. All these children have come from poor families and many have suffered from malnutrition or neglect. The children thrive on the attention and love our volunteers can share with them.
Volunteers are free to tutor the children, organize arts and crafts or sports activities, and help out with basic chores such as feeding the kids, and folding laundry. In these programs volunteers help with the daily care of the kids, playing with them, showing them attention, even to teach a bit English to the older children. Volunteers can also teach basic things such as numbers, alphabet and songs.
- Project length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Tacloban City (TAC)
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Program starts and ends in Tacloban City.
- Airport meet and greet in Tacloban City. City tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 8am-12pm and 2pm-6pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Philippines Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.