Having English is a chance to escape a life of poverty. Having a strong education can open up many career opportunities. Your individualized support and English language lessons will provide opportunities for future employment and help to reinforce attendance.
Village schools, those that do not have an English teacher, welcome volunteers in their schools. Our volunteers will work side by side the local teacher in a local primary or secondary school. A syllabus will be provided, and your input is welcome as well.
Volunteers’ lessons will focus on grammar, proper pronunciation and basic spelling. You will also plan and organize afterschool activities like soccer, basketball and other organized sports. Spanish speaking volunteers are preferred. Language Immersion lesson can be arranged in the afternoon.
- Project length: From 2 weeks to 12 weeks
- Project dates: March to December, 2 week winter break in mid July
- Arrival airport: Ayacucho (AYA)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Requirements: Proficient Spanish
- Program donation: US$50 payable with the program fees.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Peru, LC Busre, Star Perú
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Ayacucho
- Airport meet and greet in Ayacucho. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 30 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing and afternoons free to explore the city
- Typical shift work hours are 7am-1pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Tours to Cusco, to the Nazca Lines and to the Apurimac Valley (Coca Valley or Upper Amazon forest), etc.
|South America / US$|
|Peru - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1735||1895|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.