Volunteer in Rural School is the opportunity to help to improve this children quality of life by broadening their view of the world with aims and goals to achieve it. The local school need volunteers to help to open their minds into the outside world and by teaching a foreign language we can make a difference for them.
Volunteers will help teaching English and sports, creative lessons like painting, drawing, crafts, dance, singing sessions and lessons on the environment and nature, prevention of child abuse, child trafficking, drug abuse, early pregnancy, personal and cognitive development, and as this is a rural school it will help knowledge in agriculture and or livestock management.
You can combine this program with Spanish language Immersion if you Spanish is basic.
Volunteer Opportunities: Teaching programs
- Project Duration: From 1 week up to 8 weeks
- Project Dates: Year Round. Arrival/Departures weekends
- Arrival airport: El Dorado, Bogota City Airport (BOG)
- Requirements: Basic Spanish
- Accommodations: Local Host Family
- Meals: Week 3 meals, 2 meals Saturday, no meals Sunday
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Avianca, Taca, Air France, Iberia.
- Immunizations: Routine Vac, Hep - A and typhoid www.nc.cdc.gov
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday. 30-40 hours a week
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7.
- Departure: Transfer to El Dorado Airport Bogota.
- Flights to Colombia. Roundtrip transfer cost from airport to project location. Visa and/or airport entry fees and exit. Vaccinations. Local Transport. Travel & Medical Insurance. Laundry and internet connection.