Volunteer at the School is the opportunity to help to improve this children quality of life by broadening their view of the world with aims and goals to achieve it. School children need volunteer people to help to open their minds into the outside world and by teaching a foreign language we can make a difference for them.
The School is closed in Easter time 2 weeks, July to August mid-year summer holidays, December to mid-January winter holidays, and every bank holiday weekend. School is open to attend every day from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (Not for every grade.)
Volunteers will help to teach English and sports, creative lessons like painting, drawing, crafts, dance, singing session, lessons on the environment and nature, prevention of child abuse, child trafficking, drug abuse, early pregnancy, personal and cognitive development, and as some of its students come from the rural area it will help knowledge in agriculture and or livestock management, also most children live in the town La Mesa which is one of the touristic towns near to the capital city of Bogota so any help with tourism skills wills improve their chances in this industry .
This program can be combined with Spanish Immersion lessons and/or day centres for the elderly or children with special needs.
Volunteer Colombia Opportunities: Education programs
- Project Duration: From 1 week up to 8 weeks
- Project Dates: Year Round. Arrival/Departures weekends
- Arrival airport: El Dorado, Bogota City Airport (BOG)
- Requirements: Basic Spanish
- Accommodations: Local Host Family
- Meals: Week 3 meals, 2 meals Saturday, no meals Sunday
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Avianca, Taca, Air France, Iberia.
- Immunizations: Routine Vac, Hep - A and typhoid www.nc.cdc.gov
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday. 30-40 hours a week
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7.
- Departure: Transfer to El Dorado Airport Bogota.
- Flights to Colombia. Roundtrip transfer cost from airport to project location. Visa and/or airport entry fees and exit. Vaccinations. Local Transport. Travel & Medical Insurance. Laundry and internet connection.