Work with leading online radio and news source for Costa Rica that strives to deliver fresh, outstanding coverage of the events and people shaping San Jose and the surrounding region. The article focus on business, politics, daily news, travel, leisure, eco news, entertainment, regional news, health, Latin American news, retirement, and daily living.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and verbal Spanish skills. They must be outgoing, demonstrate reliability, able to meet deadlines, and provide quick turnaround on
projects. Word processing and Internet research skills are essential, experience with Wordpress is preferred. Journalism/English/Communications majors are preferred, but not required.
General Tasks & Main Responsibilities:
- Fact checking
- Traveling around the city and possibly the country to report on stories
- Setting up and conducting interviews
- Writing at least one piece per week, original content
- Writing reviews
- Promoting articles and TCRN on social media networks
ONLY Friday, Saturday or Sunday arrival: flight must arrive before 8pm (no exceptions) to San Jose. The orientation is same or next day.
Volunteer Opportunities: Journalism
- Project length: From 2 weeks to 6 weeks.
- Arrival Airport: San Jose (SJO) Juan Santamaría International Airport.
- Work Schedule: Monday to Fridays. Minimum 5 hours per day.
- Requirements: Intermediate Spanish, independent bus ride to/from project site.
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 years or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways, Copa, Taca, Avianca, Spirit Airways.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: Host Families.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
- Laundry: Free once a week.
- Internet: available in some host families and projects
- Arrival: Airport (SJO) meet and greet by ABV Staff and Airport transfer on arrival to San Jose
- Orientation: Orientation upon arrival.
- Support: Full time in-country ABV Coordinator. 24/7 emergency contact number.
- Departure: Transfer back to the airport at the end of the program.
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Internet (Only available in some host families and projects). Any extra activities and excursions or tours not described on the planned itinerary.