Chile's striking natural wonders, its rich cultural history, friendly people and stable government make it an ideal place to visit and volunteer!
Although Chile boasts one of the most stable economies in South America, Chile suffers from one of the most uneven distributions of wealth in the world. There are estimates that almost 60% of Chileans live near or below poverty levels, with almost 3 million living in extreme poverty.
ABV Volunteer project focus on supporting the children of Chile, at a very large orphanage and in several schools in La Serena.
Volunteer opportunities: La Serena Chile
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: La Serena (LSC)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 7-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Chile, American, United, Delta, Iberia, Avianca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Chile. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet.
|South America / US$|
|Chile - Spanish Immersion||1140||1480||1820||2160|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.
Volunteer Reviews in Chile
Stephanie Volunteer Abroad in La Serena, Chile
Nemesia & Jo Lynch Volunteer in La Serena
Melanie Volunteer in La Serena, Chile
Alexandra Volunteer Abroad in La Serena, Chile
Hillary Volunteer Abroad in La Serena, Chile
Feedback Lorraine Guerrini Volunteer in La Serena, Chile
Feedback Agathe Kuhn Volunteer in La Serena, Chile
Feedback Bailey Katz Volunteer in La Serena, Chile
Review Rachel Carlson Volunteer in La Serena, Chile
Review Mattie W. Volunteer in La Serena, Chile