Ghana is a safe, stable West African nation know to have the friendliest people in Africa!
Vibrant traditional festivals full of pomp and pageantry can still be seen and heard throughout the country. Traditional open markets provide the sounds and sights of the African bazaar. has a diverse natural heritage which is rich in dense tropical rainforests, unique eco-systems, crocodile ponds, coastal wetlands, botanical gardens and the world largest manmade lake, Lake Volta.
Volunteer placements are located through the Volta Region in small towns and villages. In these districts, 95% of its population lives in rural areas, and subsistence agriculture is the major activity. The poverty experienced in these rural areas is not just a lack of money but also the inability to access basic needs, such as health care and health facilities as well as voluntary HIV counseling and testing. Despite having a lack of such basic needs, the Ghanaian people are world-renowned for their friendliness. Most volunteers are humbled by the everyday happy attitudes of the local people.
Our programs allow you to take part in meaningful community service work, while discovering the people, sights, smells and tastes of Ghana.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Accra (Code: ACC)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa. Expect rural living conditions
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: British Air, Delta, United, KLM, Lufthansa
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Home Stay or onsite in Orphanage
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Ghana. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Africa / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.