Volunteer Kenya, The orphanage is located between two villages in Central Kenya, about 15 miles from the small town of Kenol. The orphanage sits on an eight acre plot that is long and relatively thin, stretching down from the road at the top to a river at the bottom. The orphanage compound sits in the middle of this plot. It is a picturesque setting with hills on all sides, and many small trees and bushes. During the rainy seasons it is green and lush. There is only one road to the orphanage – a bumpy track that starts at the small town of Huhi (where the tarmac ends).
This placement will give you a true African village experience, quiet, no frills life style in a beautiful surrounding. There are wash rooms, toilets and shower rooms, but no electricity.
Volunteering Projects in Kenya Kirithani
Volunteer Opportunities: Social Programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Mombasa (MBA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist visa. Expect rural living conditions.
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: British Air, Emirates, Qatar Air, Ethiad
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: On site at orphanage
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Kenya. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet