We Deliver Meaningful Travel That Makes A World Of Difference
We love travel and culturally immersive experiences! ABV was founded in 2007 with a love for humankind, and a motivated spirit to help others. A Broader View Volunteers was created on the belief that one person can make a difference in the lives of others through meaningful service-learning volunteer work.
A Broader View is recognized and affiliated with the following organizations.
Support our project work in national parks, orphanages, hospitals, animal conservation centers, woman shelters, and teaching opportunities around the world. Join us today. Learn, grow, develop into a global citizen and gain a broader view of the World!
All our employees, most of who have been with us from the very beginning, are passionate about making your travels meaningful. We may have grown since 2007, but we proudly remain 100% family-owned with a charity non-for-profit focus. A Broader View Volunteers is a registered 501 c(3) organization based in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania USA. Our charity # 26-0594308
Making International Humanitarian Volunteering Accessible For Everyone
A Broader View is a charity focused on providing positive volunteer travel experiences. When you travel with ABV, your program contributions are used to support our local staff, the partners we support, and our on-going work to make international humanitarian volunteering most affective and transformative to communities in need. We aim to do this by:
- Working with local homestays and guesthouses.
- Utilizing locally-owned restaurants, transportation, and tour operators in order to ensure your money benefits, local people.
- Hiring experienced local coordinators/guides who are paid a fair wage.
- Offsetting the environmental impacts of travel through initiatives such as our Travelers Against Plastic (TAP) campaign, demonstrating ways to protect local resources, and encouraging the purchase of carbon offsets.
- Preparing travelers to face cultural sensitivity situations and providing tools and guidance for the best solutions.
- Focusing on our commitment to support the local community with both financial aid and hands-on volunteer work efforts.
- Directly donating a portion of your trip fees (65-70%) to the community development projects we support.