- Prompt customer service answering your call and responding to your emails.
- Pre-departure Orientation Guide which includes detailed travel, safety & cultural information.
- Fundraising Information including donor coupons, sample letters to sponsors, tips for raising funds.
- Charitable tax receipts provided to all donors (US based donors)
- Accommodations: Home stay, shared volunteer residence, guesthouses. *Late night arrivals in some countries will require a hotel overnight which ABV will arrange for you.
- Meals: specified on the project pages.
- Airport meet and greet by our ABV project coordinator (At any time, any day!)
- Guidance and support of a local project coordinator, 24/7 in case of emergency
- Orientation/city briefing on arrival by our ABV project coordinator.
- Placement in a quality project allowing you to maximize your time and efforts in a good cause.
- Introduction to the project by the ABV coordinator who will escort you to the project on day one.
- Departure transportation back to the airport.
- A Feedback page on our ABV website with pictures of your trip.
- The Presidents Volunteer Service Award lapel pin (Bronze, Silver or Gold)
- Personalized Presidents Volunteer Service Award certificate of achievement.
- Letter of completion from A Broader View Volunteers Corp.
Extras: We recommend $50 a week spending money for internet, phone use, laundry, and local buses to/from the project site.
Language Immersion programs include the same services noted above plus 20 hours per week of Spanish lessons. Immersion projects available in all Latin American locations except Costa Rica and Belize.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.