After the earthquake disaster Nepal is in need of huge reconstruction and renovation. So why not let your hand forward for a great social cause.
Our Construction, renovation and community awareness placement in Nepal will provided with a fruitful interaction between yourself and the community in which you are working with the community members together to help them build a required infrastructure. In this program Physical labour like mixing cement, carrying, digging hole is needed on development and renovation work as well as our social awareness campaigns helping to involve the local people by bringing them ownership of their village, its facilities and social issues.
You will spend most of the time engaging with community development work as well as focusing on social development should you wish to work in both areas. For our development work you will be involved with the reconstruction homes for the earthquake hit victims, painting, repairing and beautification of schools, day care centres, gardens or homes which are below the poverty line. This manual work may also include an element of motivating and creating teams of village children to help clean up litter on the streets or help to plants trees depending on where your project is based. You may also get involved with our dustbin construction initiative where you will be working to create hygiene awareness amongst children.
Note: if you are 5 or + volunteers in a group then we can plan for your dates, we can customize the project. To buy materials and cover logistic. Each volunteer needs to donate USD$150 per week to cover the materials.
All our work sites are located in Kathmandu and outside Kathmandu (transportation to villages is not included). Our priority renovation projects are as follows:
- To build toilets in the villages, schools and for community centers
- Constructing/ Restoration/Painting of Library and classroom
- Restoration and decoration of local Heritage site including temple, Stupa etc
- Restoration and painting of local health care centers
- Restoration and decoration of Government/ Community school etc.
- Artistic decoration of school interiors (artists welcome!)
- Preparing sports facilities for clubs and centers
- Repairing houses for families that need urgent support
- Developing garbage and recycling facilities
Volunteer Opportunities: Community Development
- Project Length: From 2 week to 6 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Kathmandu (KTM)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Airlines: Turkish Air, Qatar Air, Malaysian Airways, Air India, Jet Airways, Thai Air, Ethiad
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Kathmandu
- Airport meet and greet in Kathmandu. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 20-40 hours per wee
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 8am-12pm and 2pm-6pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nepal. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
Extra- Not Included activities:
- UNESCO Heritage car/ bike tour full day/half day
- Hiking guide hire Horse riding
- Nepali Dance Class Nepali language learning (basic/intermediate/advance level)
- Trekking around the Himalayas.
|Asia / US$|
|Nepal - Nepali Immersion||1050||1310||1650||1950|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$210/week after week 4 until week 12, more Nepali lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.