The elephants in Jaipur have a long history of being part of religious and Indian cultural ceremonies for centuries. Today in Jaipur, the main use for Elephants is with the tourist trade. By joining this program you will have an unforgettable experience learning about elephants and contributing help to their mahouts (riders & care takers).
Volunteers will involve themselves into each activity that mahouts do every day. This means making food bundles, feeding elephants, cleaning their shelters, washing them, massaging their head, trimming their nails, decorating them before going for a ride and simply to enjoy their presence.
*Imp: The transportation in not included to the program. The transportation cost is around US$7 - 10 a day by Tuk-tuk (motorcycle ride) can be divided between 2 - 3 volunteers (30km ride).
Volunteer Opportunities: Elephant Conservation programs
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Jaipur International Airport (JAI)
- Accommodation: Host families
- Meals: All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Airlines: Jet airways, Spice jet, Etihad, Indigo, Go Air, Air India etc.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Jaipur City
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 30-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing, camel safari, elephant safari, Taj Mahal etc.
- Typical shift work can be: 11:30am - 5:30pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Pick-up from Jaipur Airport
- Traditional Indian welcome on reaching the ABV house or host family
- A detailed orientation about India, ABV projects, facts about India, cultural responsibility and things to remember in India
- Accommodation with local host family or in shared volunteer house. Expect shared rooms (double/triple accommodations)
- All meals (Authentic Indian meals) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Project visit with supervisor
- Resource materials to use on project
- Weekly market visit to shop for your necessities
- One party & dinner out to experience the new India
- Sessions on India about the India in reality v/s India in news
- Airport drop at Jaipur airport
- Emergency support
- Airfare, Visa, Insurance, Local transportation, Vaccinations, local sightseeing and all personal expenses. Cultural classes like Hindi class, Indian dress workshop, Yoga class, cooking class only for the volunteers who stays in ABV house. (extra Fees apply)
|Asia / US$|
|India Jaipur (Elephant)||1000||1100||1200||1300||1400||1510||1640|
|Asia / US$|
|India Jaipur (General Programs)||860||990||1120||1250||1380||1510||1640|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.