Most of the residents (25) have no other living options. Some have been abandoned by their own family. The home provides free of charge, a place to live, meals, clothing, medical treatment and therapy needs. This program can be combined with the medical projects, as volunteers are needed to provide health checks like checking blood pressures, sugar levels, administering medication and physical therapy needs.
You will help with recreational and cultural activities, help to prepare food, cleaning, washing, gardening, and feed, some residents simply need people to talk to them, or read to them for a few hours. We need proactive volunteers.
*This program can be combined with the medical projects, as volunteers are needed to provide health checks like checking blood pressures, sugar levels, administering medication and physical therapy needs.
Volunteer Opportunities: Social Welfare Programs
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks, Open year round
- Arrival Airport: La Ceiba (LCE)
- Work Schedule: 5 days a week 5-8 hours per day (Saturday-Sunday)
- Requirements: Basic Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older.
- Donation fee: Extra US$50 per month
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Taca, Air Viva, Cayman Air
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and La Ceiba Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to La Ceiba. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet