This Care center provide residence, day care and club facilities to the senior citizen and commitment to build a fulfilling, motivational age friendly social life for our aged citizen. Though this is a very new concept for the Nepali community however, the need of aged care is growing rapidly and there is only few that actually working for it.
This center main objective is to promote the wellbeing of senior citizen and help them engage in different creative, motivational and recreational activities, providing those services, care and support that suit their specific needs so they can live a dignified life. The center recently extended a special ward to provide care services to Alzheimer’s dementia.
In this program, the volunteer can use their creativity to conduct activities for them and help them in their daily schedule for e.g. help in preparing meals and serving them, help them in Physio, playing music and dance classes, playing games, participate in the production and transmission of programs related to ageing, take around for the local tour, check blood pressure, sugar level, serving medication on time, hospital visit etc.
The most needed time is from 7am- 11 am and 3pm-7 pm so this program can be combine with other programs too. Volunteer can take Nepali language immersion during the break time and will be advantage during the program.
US$100 program fee paid with your program cost.
Volunteer Opportunities: Elderly Care programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Kathmandu (KTM)
- Accommodation: Local host family / Host placement center
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Airlines: Turkish Air, Qatar Air, Malaysian Airways, Air India, Jet Airways, Thai Air, Ethiad
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Kathmandu
- Airport meet and greet in Kathmandu. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday. 20 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7.30am-11.00am and 3pm-7pm approx
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nepal. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
Extra- Not Included activities:
- UNESCO Heritage car/ bike tour full day/half day
- Hiking guide hire Horse riding
- Nepali Dance Class Nepali language learning (basic/intermediate/advance level)
- Trekking around the Himalayas.
|Asia / US$|
|Nepal - Nepali Immersion||1050||1310||1650||1950|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$210/week after week 4 until week 12, more Nepali lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.