To really learn Spanish it is best to be completely immersed in the local culture and language. Language immersion lessons can be arranged for all levels of students: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
Classes include 8 hours of instruction per week (2 hours per day/4 days a week), you can buy more hours locally if you need. Lessons are personalized, one-on-one with a local licensed tutor. In addition to the language lessons volunteer can arrange for an extra fee: salsa, merengue, and cooking lessons locally. Language immersion lessons can be combined with half day volunteering in the Escazu social or medical welfare projects.
Volunteer Abroad: Immersion Spanish Lessons
- Project length: From 1 week to 4 weeks.
- Arrival Airport: San Jose (SJO) Juan Santamaría International Airport.
- Lessons: Monday to Friday. 2 hours of instruction - 4 days.
- Volunteer work: Monday to Friday: 4-6 hours per day.
- Age Limits: 18 years or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways, Copa, Taca, Avianca, Spirit Airways.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: Host Families.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
- Arrival: Airport (SJO) meet and greet by ABV Staff and Airport transfer on arrival to San Jose
- Orientation: Orientation upon arrival.
- Support: Full time in-country ABV Coordinator. 24/7 emergency contact number.
- Departure: Transfer back to the airport at the end of the program.
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance (US$53 approx). Internet & Laundry optional: only available in some host families: US$10 a week). Any extra activities and excursions or tours not described on the planned itinerary.