To really learn Spanish it is best to be completely immersed in the local culture and language. Language immersion lessons can be arranged for all levels of students: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
Classes include 10 hours of instruction per week (2 hours per day/5 days a week). Lessons are personalized, one-on-one with a local licensed tutor. In addition to the language lessons volunteer can arrange salsa, merengue, and cooking lessons locally. Language immersion lessons can be combined with half day volunteering in the Escazu social or medical welfare projects.
Volunteer Abroad: Immersion Spanish Lessons
- Project length: From 1 week to 4 weeks.
- Arrival Airport: San Jose (SJO) Juan Santamaría International Airport.
- Lessons: Monday to Friday. 2 hours of instruction per day.
- Volunteer work: Monday to Friday: 4-6 hours per day.
- Age Limits: 18 years or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways, Copa, Taca, Avianca, Spirit Airways.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: Host Families.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
- Arrival: Airport (SJO) meet and greet by ABV Staff and Airport transfer on arrival to San Jose
- Orientation: Orientation upon arrival.
- Support: Full time in-country ABV Coordinator. 24/7 emergency contact number.
- Departure: Transfer back to the airport at the end of the program.
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance (US$53 approx). Internet & Laundry optional: only available in some host families: US$10 a week). Any extra activities and excursions or tours not described on the planned itinerary.