Volunteer in Guatemala, Language Immersion classes are available in Antigua and also in Xela. Volunteer in Antigua or Xela and you can take half day of Spanish language lessons. Language Immersion gives you the opportunity to expand and focus your Spanish knowledge, while participating in one of volunteer projects. Lessons are provided by tutors on a one-on-one(two) basis. Lesson plans are created with your input so they can be most effective. Language Immersion lessons can be combined with the children's, teaching or medical projects we offer.
*Volunteers need to arrive in Guatemala in the morning. Last bus to Xela departs at 3:00pm. Overnight in Guatemala city is not included in cost of program. Departure flights from Guatemala City need to be scheduled after 2:00PM.
Volunteer Opportunities Guatemala Spanish Lessons
- Project length: From 1 week to 4 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Guatemala City (GUA)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: 3 per day M-F, 2 meals Saturday, no meals Sunday
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Guatemala City
- Airport meet and greet in Guatemala City.
- City tour and orientation in Antigua / Xela
- Morning Volunteer work, 5 days a week for 20 hours
- Afternoon Spanish lessons, 5 days a week for 20 hours (45min each)
- Certificate of completion from ABV
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Guatemala. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet