Experienced health care professionals as well as enrolled medical/nursing students are welcome. Volunteers will work under the direction of the District Health Office in Livingstone. This program gives volunteers hands-on experience working at a clinic or hospital in the Livingstone area. Aside from providing clinical assistance, volunteer will participate in on-going community outreach work. Health/Nutrition education campaign and national immunization drives may be part of the program work.
Volunteers must provide their own medical equipment; gloves, lab coat, medical scrubs and appropriate closed-toed shoes. Expect to be part of a team. These program are as much about learning about universal health care, as it is to offer hands on assistance to the local medical staff who you will be working with.
Volunteer Opportunities: Health Care programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Livingstone (Code: LVI)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 6-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist/Volunteer Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Proflight Zambia, Etihad, SAA, British Air, KLM, Air France
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Malaria Medication, Yellow Fever, Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Livingstone airport
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Host Family Accommodations. Including breakfast & dinner daily.
- Typical shift work vary day to day, Expect 6-7 hour work days
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: Airport Transfer to Livingstone Airport
- Flights to Zambia. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet access