Do you have physical or behavioral therapy skills? Volunteers with medical training are needed to support a center supporting children with physical and mental disabilities. Unfortunately, due to low resources, there is a lack of understanding and skills to support those with disabilities living in residential projects. There is a great need for volunteers who can use any specialized skills in physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, speech therapy, or other professions with qualifications that could support children with mental or physical disabilities.
Volunteers help with physical and mental stimulation of these children, partaking in daily physical stretches and exercises with each child, recording notes on activities they engage with and their range of motion, and sharing their skills with local staff to continue your work once you are home again.
Undergraduates are welcome - there's always a need for volunteers to provide interaction and engagement for these kids to help them reach their full potential and build relationships.
Each day will be different, but we encourage you to build your own routine, taking time to work with each child in your area of the project on physical activities, one-to-one interaction and mental engagement. One aim of this project at the moment is to keep a record log for each child with information on them to help future volunteers and staff - anything you can contribute to these records would be greatly appreciated.
This program is located in the beautiful rural outskirts of Hanoi, in a district called Ba Vi (around 50 km from Hanoi central). Our staff will escort you from Hanoi to the project and get you settled in. You will be escorted back to Hanoi at the end of the project.
Local guesthouse accommodations provided, meal stipend also.
Volunteer Opportunities Vietnam HealthCare / Therapy Support
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Hanoi (Code: HAN)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 5-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents
- Airlines: United, Korean Air, China Airlines, Delyta, Qatar, Air France, Qantas
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Hanoi
- Meals: 2 Meals a day (stipend)
- Airport meet and greet in Hanoi. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work 2-3 hours in morning and afternoon
- Support: Local ABV Coordinator support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Vietnam. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet