Volunteer in Guatemala. This program is promoting and enhancing the general wellbeing of children, woman and families living in poverty, and because of this poverty live in very difficult circumstances.
A Broader View Volunteers Abroad Gap Year Projects Overseas
This is a small by dynamic program where volunteers can help in a variety of ways:
Child day care offered daily for babies and toddlers 8:00am-5:00pm daily December Closed.
- Pre-school lessons from 9:00am-12:00pm daily
- Kindergarten classes from 8:00am-12:00pm daily
- Afterschool activities offered from 2:00pm-4:30pm daily
Depending on your program daily activities include working with babies, giving bottles, pre-school lessons, reading stories, playing games and organizing afterschool activities.
*Volunteers need to arrive in Guatemala in the morning. Last bus to Xela departs at 3:00pm. Overnight in Guatemala city is not included in cost of program. Departure flights from Guatemala City need to be scheduled after 2:00PM.
Volunteer Opportunities Children Center
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year Round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Guatemala City (GUA)
- Requirements: Intermediate Spanish or Spanish lessons in country, US$80 donation fees.
- Accommodation: Local Host Family
- Meals: 3 per day M-F, 2 meals Saturday, no meals Sunday
- Program starts and ends in Guatemala City
- Airport meet and greet in Guatemala City. Bus tickets to Xela
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work can be: 7:00am - 4:30pm with lunch break
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: Transfer to Guatemala City airport
- Flights to Guatemala. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet