Focuses care and attention to children up to 4 months old, the children receive stimulation as a method of learning where they can develop all the senses, games, songs and learn to have independence. The children are provided care while their parents, mostly single mothers can work. This is a very upbeat project with many small children eager for attention!
Nursery and day care center has about 90 children that attend on a daily basis. Volunteers will help with feeding, playing with the toddlers, putting kids down for naps, helping staff with meal preparation, and other necessary chores.
- This project can be combined with our Language and Cultural Immersion.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Quito (UIO)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Quito
- Airport meet and greet in Quito. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7:30am - 5:00pm with break for lunch
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Quito. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet