Volunteer in a local day care community center which provides services to children of mostly single mothers. The center has about 100 children who range in age between 1 year and 10 years old. The children are provided care and attention, and lunch. Volunteers will help with pre-school lessons, playing with the kids, stimulating conversation and learning, helping in the kitchens and any other necessary chore. We also work with a residential orphanage home to about 20 children from ages 8 -15yrs old. The volunteers duties would be the same, with a focus on education games, interacting with the kids, reading books, and even light chores like cooking, cleaning, sweeping.
- This project can be combined with our Language and Cultural Immersion.
Volunteer Opportunities: Honduras Orphanage Center
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: La Ceiba (LCE)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Airlines: Taca, Air Viva, Cayman Air
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents
- Program starts and ends in La Ceiba
- Airport meet and greet in La Ceiba. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7:30am-12pm and 2pm-5pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to La Ceiba. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet