Volunteers will support a local orphanage within Ho Chi Minh which is home to 55 children (boys and girls) ranging in age from babies to pre-teens. The home is three stories with children sleeping quarters on 2 levels and the communal living and play areas on the bottom floor. The children share bedrooms and sleep primarily on mats (as do our volunteers!). This center is located in downtown HCMC and there is limited outdoor space for activities. Volunteers can sleep at the project, or off site at a nearby guesthouse.
Activities: Teaching English to the children, generally helping staff and volunteers with caring duties like preparing meals, feeding babies, arranging games, songs and play time, sharing one and one time with the kids. Since the kids ages range you can split time with the babies and also with the older kids. This is a unique opportunity to truly experience life at an orphanage. You will live as the children do, and have meals with them
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Ho Chi Minh (code: SGN)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 5-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents
- Airlines: United, Korean Air, China Airlines, Delyta, Qatar, Air France, Qantas
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Ho Chi Minh City
- Meals: 2 Meals a day (stipend)
- Airport meet and greet in HCMC airport. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work 2-3 hours in morning and afternoon
- Support: Local ABV Coordinator Support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Vietnam. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Asia / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.