This project has been in the works since 1949 for children who have been orphaned, abandoned, or whose families are unable to care for them. The family approach in this Children's Village is based on the three following principles: each child needs a mother, they grow up naturally with brothers and sisters, and they live in their own house within a supportive village environment.
The center has a great response to the social development needs of society's most vulnerable children and young people. This center establishes facilities and programs that aim to strengthen families and prevent the abandonment of children. In Quito, the program has 7 Social Centers that work as a kindergarten for small children whose parents are working and have no other place to leave their kids. The center gives attention towards the children, family, women and community.
The center hosts more than 80 children from ages 8 months to 4 years old. There are five groups of children and their daily activities depend on age. Volunteers at the day care center can help by creating recreational activities for the children, playing with them, organizing games, making didactic material, helping with feeding and cleaning the children.
Volunteers who work here are going to work with kids who form strong bonds very quickly because they are already so vulnerable, they become attached to those they spend their days with. The children will miss you and feel sad if you do not take this volunteer position seriously by not showing up to work. It is very important that before you leave, you tell them with anticipation when you are leaving. The volunteer position will contain lots of laughter and joy, but it is important that you are responsible, show respect and have confidence in fulfilling your duties as a volunteer here.
Volunteer Ecuador Children Support Opportunities
- Arrival to Airport: Quito (UIO) Program starts and ends in Quito
- Project Length: 1 weeks to 12 weeks
- Project Period: September-July
- Accommodation: Host family
- Meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 6 hours per day
- Daily work: 8:00am to 1:00pm
- Weekends: free to sight see, travel
- Requirements: basic Spanish Knowledge
- Age Limits: 18 to 65 years old
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 years *IF traveling with parents or permission of parents
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vaccinations, Hepatitis-A and Typhoid
- Airport meet and greet in Quito
- Host Family accommodation, 3 meals a day and laundry
- Orientation, project briefing in Quito
- Volunteer project placement 30 hour per week
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Quito. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Extra Donation US$50 per month
|South America /US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
|South America / US$|
|Ecuador - Spanish Immersion||1065||1340||1615||1990|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.