Support a local children's center, called a crèche, which provides a safe haven to 30-40 children daily. Some are orphans fostered in the community, others are from poor families and can't attend school yet. At the center they give these children a safe place and the love and care that they need. Volunteers add support to the local staff with individual attention to the kids, supervise play time, support lunch services, reinforce English speaking with lessons and reading/games and help with homework. Afternoon homework guidance and after school project support needed as well.
Most facilities operate day care, drop-in and food centers for (OVC), nutrition unit, community gardens and clothing warehouse project. Volunteers need to be pro-active, and enthusiastic, and show flexibility towards tasks and activities.
- Project length: From 1 week to 4 weeks (** Mondays Arrival Only **)
- Arrival Airport: Port Elizabeth (Code: PLZ)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Requirements: Tourist Visa.
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents
- Airlines: South African Airlines, Virgin, Delta, British Air, Emirates, KLM
- Vaccinations: Hep A, Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Port Elizabeth airport
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 8:00am - 3pm with lunch break
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to South Africa. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet