Activities that involves Volunteers:
- All activities take place in the ambulances, either rescue activity or transferring patients from home or the workplace to the public or private hospital.
- Patient transfer from Hospital of La Ceiba to Catarino Rivas Hospital in San Pedro Sula.
- They participate in all rescue or support of firefighters in case of fire.
- Attend any emergency call, by car accident or any other type.
- Assistance in shipwreck or any other incident in the coast.
- Participate in the rescue of tourists who may have an accident in activities such as rafting or hiking.
- Participate in resistance training, rescue and survival in which you are planned for firefighters during this program.
- Help or assist in activities such as cleaning the Fire Station Department, cleaning of Rescue Department, review of equipment, etc.
- If there is no emergency, volunteers can participate in the activities of grooming the firefighting units, monitor the health of the public schools, attend football matches at the local stadium, as prevention in case of an emergency in the stadium, attend training reinforcement for firefighters in medical rescue, marine rescue, vehicle accidents, fires, and also participate in recreational activities with firefighters, such as playing football, watch TV, and other games that are in the Fire Station.
Volunteer Opportunities: Paramedical/Rescue
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: La Ceiba (LCE)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons.
- Requirements: Extra Donation of US$100 per month
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: Taca, Air Viva, Cayman Air
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and La Ceiba Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to La Ceiba. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Extra Donation of US$100 per month paid prior traveling.