We have many undergraduate students who volunteer with us in health related projects. These projects, which welcome pre-medical and pre-nursing, pre-dental students, provide a learning opportunity in universal health care practices. Pre-dental students can shadow in a local dental office and assist the staff with non evasive tasks. Options for pre-medical and pre-nursing students include a children's clinic which provides care to kids with cerebral palsy, Down's syndrome, and other disabilities. Another program is a residential center for adults and children residents with physical and mental ailments.
Video Review Volunteer Eythan Palte Peru Cusco Health Care Program
Volunteers would help with early stimulation therapy, physical therapy support, verbal interaction, as well as feeding and cleaning. We also recommend our Language and Cultural Immersion projects where you can learn Spanish while working in a health program.
Proficiency in Spanish is required for all healthcare placement. This project can be combined with our Language and Cultural Immersion.
Volunteer Opportunities Peru Premedical / Predental
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Cusco (CUZ)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Requirements: All clinic/hospital/medical placements include a administrative fee. $100 for one month, $200 for two months, $300 for three months.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Cusco
- Airport meet and greet in Cusco. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 9am-1pm and 3pm-7pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet