Volunteers interested in working with children can support the pre-school, kindergarten or primary school level classes. Lessons are taught in English, though French speaking volunteers are welcome also. Teaching experience is not required. As an assistant to the teacher you can play a more active role in tutoring small amounts of children and focus on English and math.
Schools are closed June through August and December/January.
Volunteers can assist with after school activities, education games, playing sports and even help with the physical upkeep of the school; painting, decorating, mending desks.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Douala (DLA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Visa. Yellow Fever vaccination
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers
- Airlines: Brussels Air, Royal Air Maroc, Delta, AirFrance
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Malaria Medication, Hep A-B wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Shared volunteer house
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Cameroon. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Africa / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.