Volunteering in Cameroon, interested in working with children can support the pre-school, kindergarten or primary school level classes. Lessons are taught in English, though French speaking volunteers are welcome also. Teaching experience is not required. As an assistant to the teacher you can play a more active role in tutoring small amounts of children and focus on English and math.
Schools are closed June through August and December/January.
Volunteers can assist with after school activities, education games, playing sports and even help with the physical upkeep of the school; painting, decorating, mending desks.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Douala (DLA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Visa. Yellow Fever vaccination
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers
- Airlines: Brussels Air, Royal Air Maroc, Delta, AirFrance
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Malaria Medication, Hep A-B wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Shared volunteer house
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Cameroon. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet