Volunteers interested in teaching can help in a local pre-school and kindergarten school. The school has over 150 students daily who are 4-5 years old. Volunteers lead English lessons, and help the teacher with other lessons. Play time and arts and crafts and games can be introduced as well.
- This program can also be combined with the Language and Cultural Immersion program.
- Program Vacations (Closed): February 2nd to 15th (approx.)
- Project length: From 2 weeks to 12 weeks
- Project dates: March to December. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Quito (UIO)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Quito
- Airport meet and greet in Quito. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25-30 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7:30am - 12:30pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet