With thousands of yearly international travellers visiting Jaipur, having foreign language skills can lead to a better life opportunities. By volunteering to teach a “second” language such as English, Spanish, German, Japanese, Mandarin or Italian you are giving the student an opportunity for a career in tourism (which is huge in Jaipur).
This is an 8 week minimum commitment and volunteers will need to come with a proper syllabus of a language to complete. These lessons can be arranged at a local school, orphanage, or woman empowerment center. This will be a challenging by rewarding program.
*Imp: The transportation in not included to the program. The transportation cost is around US$2 - 4 a day by Tuk-tuk (motorcycle ride) can be divided between 2 - 3 volunteers (10km ride).
Volunteer Opportunities: Language program
- Project length: Minimum 8 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Jaipur International Airport (JAI)
- Accommodation: Local host family/Shared volunteer House
- Meals: 3 per day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Airlines: Jet airways, Spice jet, Etihad, Indigo, Go Air, Air India etc.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Jaipur City
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25-30 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing, camel safari, elephant safari, Taj Mahal etc.
- Typical shift work day: 02 hours of each session and 2 to 3 sessions
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Pick-up from Jaipur Airport
- A detailed orientation about India, ABV projects, facts about India, cultural responsibility and things to remember in India
- Accommodation with local host family or in shared volunteer house. Expect shared rooms (double/triple accommodations
- All meals (Authentic Indian meals) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Project visit with supervisor
- Resource materials to use on project
- Weekly market visit to shop for your necessities
- One party & dinner out to experience the new India
- Sessions on India about the India in reality v/s India in news
- Airport drop at Jaipur airport
- Emergency support
- Airfare, Visa, Insurance, local transportation, vaccinations, local sightseeing and all personal expenses. Cultural classes like Hindi class, Indian dress workshop, Yoga class, cooking class only for the volunteers who stays in ABV house (extra fees).