Volunteer Nicaragua, Our programs in Nicaragua give you an extraordinary opportunity to experience the fascinating culture in Central American's largest, democratic republic country. Although Nicaragua has a shadowed past, however today it is considered one of the safest countries in the Americas.
A booming increase in tourism over the last 7 years has positively affected many industries. Tourists come to see the beauty and diversity of the country; fresh water lake, volcanoes, ecotourism, colonial towns and the beaches. However, mainly an agricultural country, Nicaragua still has widespread underemployment and poverty. Nicaragua is among the poorest countries in the Americas, and almost half of the population lives below the poverty line.
ABV Volunteer project focus on supporting woman and children of Managua.
Volunteering Projects in Nicaragua Granada
Volunteer Programs in Nicaragua Managua
ABV in a nut shell
- 501 (c)3 nonprofit USA based organization – you can tax deduct the program fees.
- Available year-round. You choose your own program start and end dates.
- 27 country locations to choose from. Programs available from 1 week up to 3 months in length.
- 245 perfectly balanced projects - experience, price, service.
- 100% cultural immersion including local home-stay and guesthouse accommodations.
- Program fees include airport transportation, orientation, housing/meals, 24/7 in-country support.
- Suitable options for solo travelers, gap year, honeymooners, families, mature travelers & groups.
- Excellent safety record and Platinum rated non-profit organization per Guidestar ABV alumni reviews.
- Between 1500-2000 volunteer per year with a high percentage of repeat volunteers.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Managua (Code: MGA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Local Homestay
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nicaragua. Entry Visa.Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet