Volunteer in Tanzania, Arusha is located in northern highlands of Tanzania and is surrounded by some of Africa's most celebrated landscapes and national parks. The bustling town lies in the shadow of Mount Meru on the eastern edge of the eastern branch of the Great Rift Valley.
Arusha is called the safari capital of the country, and hosts many international visitors embarking on the popular northern safari circuit. With its pleasant year round climate and close proximity to Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara, Olduvai Gorge, Tarangire National Park, and Mount Kilimanjaro, Arusha is considered a great place to visit and volunteer. We offer volunteer placements within Arusha town, and in the surrounding rural communities. Arusha has its own airport, mainly serviced by domestic flights from within Tanzania. International travelers mainly arrive at the Kilimanjaro International Airport.
There are also scheduled shuttle buses between Arusha and Nairobi, as also to Dar El Salaam. With our volunteer programs we allow you to discover the wonders of East Africa, while doing meaningful and rewarding community work..
*Volunteers need a Tourist Visa to enter Tanzania (US$100) as of 2016 you can get it at the Tanzania airport. *Once in the country all volunteers must apply for a “Volunteer Permit” is US$250. All participants in the Tanzania program must secure a permit to volunteer.
Volunteering Projects in Tanzania Arusha Center
- Dance Projects
- HIV and Malnutrition
- Medical Program
- Orphanage / Child Care
- Sports Coaching
- Women Development
- Teaching / Education
Volunteer Programs in Tanzania Arusha
- Project length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Kilimanjaro (Code: JRO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa and Volunteer Permit
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: KLM, Delta, Emirates, Ethiopian and Qatar
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Volunteer House
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Tanzania. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet