Volunteer Uganda in a quiet, safe village about 10 miles outside of the city of Kampala. Most community members struggle to meet their basic needs and strive to put their children in school. Main jobs include brick making, selling fruits and vegetables, small scale animal rearing and other manual labor.
Our programs serve the most vulnerable community members in Wakiso District of Uganda. Our volunteers support community development projects including pig and poultry house construction and repairs, health/HIV education, child education and orphanage support.
This is a great opportunity to explore life in rural Africa, live and work amongst the locals and realize one person can make a difference.
Volunteer Projects in Uganda Bulenga
- Community Development
- Medical / Community Health
- Children’s Education
- Maternity / Mid-Wifery
- Orphanage / Child Care
- Conservation / Solar
Volunteer Opportunities: Social Programs
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Entebbe (Code: EBB)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa. Expect rural living conditions
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: KLM, Delta, Emirates, British Air, Qatar and United
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Share volunteer house
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Uganda. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet