How was the local Coordinator and the staff and the support provided in-country?
Excellent! Very helpful and provided great tips!
2. What was the most surprising thing you experienced while in the program?
How friendly and welcoming the people would be. They were very curious about where I am from and who I am. It was great because I was able to talk to them about that too.
3. What was most difficult thing you experienced while in the program?
Trying to find my way in the city. Finding public transportation during the fuel shortage. (India imposed blockade to Nepal), now its over.
4. Any tips for future volunteers….(clothing, travel information, packing, sightseeing, donations)
I thought it was going to be a lot colder here and packed clothes for that but it was very sunny and hot, I would have brought breathable clothing, like the billowy pants I bought here.
5. Personal paragraph (volunteer program testimonial):
This was my first time volunteering in another country and it was a great experience. The program staff and local coordinator were very helpful and available for all my questions.
6. How would you describe your accommodation, meals, security?
Everything was just as I hoped it would be ! The food was amazing and it was great to try different foods.
7. What was your memory of this trip?
I have very good memories with Nepal ! I’ve never been to a place like this and I really enjoyed learning about the culture, seeing the temples and talking with the people. They have been very friendly.
8. How was the information you received from ABV prior to traveling? (Emails, website, support) was there anything missing or should be included to prepare other volunteers?
Very helpful! Before my trip, I was emailing back and forth the volunteer staff and I appreciated how quickly they replied back and how helpful they were. I didn’t realize I’d be rotating through the different units of hospital so much it was really interesting but made it a little difficult to actually volunteer since it was something each rotation.
9. Are you willing to speak to other potential ABV volunteers about your volunteer experience?