Has been called the adventure capital of the world, with its natural beauty and wildlife that leaves visitors awe-struck. The rich culture, the freedom struggle and the friendly people make this a fascinating nation to explore.
Post Apartheid in South Africa has brought significant changes in the lives of many South African blacks, however there remains a large population of South Africa particularly in the Johannesburg and surrounding areas that is highly marginalized. Although there is a sizable number of volunteers from abroad that come to South Africa, the majority of people choose to accept projects that are around cities that are near the ocean like Cape Town or Johannesburg.
Our project is located in Port Elizabeth, in the Eastern Cape. Despite large amounts of overseas assistance that has flowed into some of these townships, unfortunately there remains an overwhelming number of children and youth that have not received the benefits of overseas volunteer services.
Our programs allow you to take part in meaningful community service work, while discovering the people, sights, smells and tastes of South Africa. This is a great opportunity to make life-long friends, learn a new culture from the inside out and discover that one person really can make a difference.
Programs vary from one week to one month. Come Join Us!
- Project Length: From 1 week to 4 weeks (** Mondays Arrival Only **)
- Arrival Airport: Port Elizabeth (Code: PLZ)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 5-7 hours per day
- Requirements: Flexible Starting dates
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: South African Airlines, Virgin, Delta, British Air, Emirates, KLM
- Vaccinations: Hep A, Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Home Stay or volunteer house
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Port Elizabeth Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet