Volunteering Tanzania: is the largest of the East Africa countries (i.e. Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania) and offers spectacular landscape from the coastal plains to the east; the inland saucer-shaped plateau; and the highlands and the coastal islands. The country is named after Tanganyika, its mainland part, and the Zanzibar islands off its east coast. Gaining independence in 1961, Tanzania is a stable, peaceful country with few tribal or regional divisions.
Some of Tanzania’s ecologically significant wildlife parks include the famous Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti National Park in the north, and Selous Game Reserve and Mikumi National Park in the south. Gombe National Park in the west is known as the site of Dr. Jane Goodall's studies of chimpanzee behavior.
In addition to its stunning landscape, Tanzania is home to approximately 120 tribal groups. Tribal diversity is respected and far from being a source of separation, Tanzanians place a high value on their country’s multicultural heritage.
This is a great opportunity to make life-long friends, learn a new culture from the inside out and discover that one person really can make a difference. Volunteering with us and see A Broader View of the World.
*Volunteers need a Tourist Visa to enter Tanzania (US$100) as of 2016 you can get it at the Tanzania airport. *Once in the country all volunteers must apply for a “Volunteer Permit” is US$250. All participants in the Tanzania program must secure a permit to volunteer.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Kilimanjaro(Code: JRO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa and Volunteer Permit
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: KLM, Delta, Emirates, Ethiopian and Qatar
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Volunteer House
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet