Volunteer in Cambodia, For many years the Kingdom of Cambodia was off major tourist radars however today it has become a popular destination for all sorts of travelers. With ancient temples like Angkor Wat, the country has its fair share of tourists especially in and around Siem Reap. While others are drawn to the white beaches of Sihoukville or near Kep.
The dominant ethnic group is the Khmer, about 95 % of the population. The Khmer people, impress visitors as some of the friendliest, 'happiest' (sabai), and most gentle people they have ever met. The ubiquitous Khmer smile is legendary, as is traditional Khmer hospitality and openness.
Cambodia is a poor country, currently ranking 129th out of 177 countries in the United Nations Human Development Report. much of the population of Cambodia survives on less than US$1 a day, there is a lack of basic health and educational services in large parts of the country and the political intrigue remains as complex as ever. After 25 years of civil war Cambodia's number of illiterate people is among the highest worldwide.
Our projects are available year round. However the best time to travel is between November and February. By April the heat has arrived and is oppressive. Wet season begins in May and lasts through October.
Our programs allow you to take part in meaningful community service work, while discovering the wonders of this fascinating country
Volunteering Projects in Cambodia Phnom Penh
ABV in a nut shell
- 501 (c)3 nonprofit USA based organization – you can tax deduct the program fees.
- Available year-round. You choose your own program start and end dates.
- 27 country locations to choose from. Programs available from 1 week up to 3 months in length.
- 245 perfectly balanced projects - experience, price, service.
- 100% cultural immersion including local home-stay and guesthouse accommodations.
- Program fees include airport transportation, orientation, housing/meals, 24/7 in-country support.
- Suitable options for solo travelers, gap year, honeymooners, families, mature travelers & groups.
- Excellent safety record and Platinum rated non-profit organization per Guidestar ABV alumni reviews.
- Between 1500-2000 volunteer per year with a high percentage of repeat volunteers.
- Project Length: From 3 weeks to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Phnom Penh (Code: PNH)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 6-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa + Police Check
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: Korean Air, China Easter, Qatar Airways, Delta, United, Thai Airways
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Home Stay or onsite at orphanage
- Meals: 2 Meals
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet