Volunteer in Ecuador with A Broader View Volunteers, our highly rated non-profit charity organization. Volunteer placements are located throughout Ecuador, the majority located in Quito, and on the Galapagos Islands. Volunteer can choose between 25 programs options available throughout Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands.
A Broader View has hosted faculty led medical missions as well as college and high school student groups in the city of Quito. Family volunteer in the Galapagos Islands is another popular ABV program. If you have a group of 5 or more interested in volunteering together, customized programs can be arranged. A Broader View Volunteers has extensive experience working with students, teachers and families providing tailor-made service trips for small groups.
For such a small country, Ecuador has a lot to offer a traveler, stunning landscapes. The country is divided into four distinct regions; the Amazon, the Highlands, the Coast, and the Galápagos Islands. Volunteer projects are available in Quito from Day Care Centers, Elderly Welfare, Hippo-therapy and a range of health care program, in the Amazon and Coast with Community Development (teaching and construction) also on the Galapagos Islands with Conservation, teaching and child care programs and we also offer Language immersion lessons.
Although Ecuador has a steady tourist infrastructure, millions of people live below the poverty line, mainly children. Growing poverty, lack of education and limited governmental resources further worsen the problem of street children and orphans in Ecuador. Volunteer in Ecuador and help support the work at a local pre-school, day care center, community health clinics, as well as the environment in the Galapagos Island.
Volunteering Projects in Ecuador Quito-North
- PreMed & PreNurse
- Premed Internship
- Orphanage / school
- Day Care Center
- Elderly Welfare
- Hospital Health Care
- Street Kids Day Care
- Language Immersion
- English Teaching
- Dental Program
Volunteer Programs in Galapagos Islands
Volunteering Programs in Quito
- Language Immersion
- Medical / Dental
- Teaching English
- Orphanage / Child Care
- Welfare Shelter
- Community Development (Amazon)
- Community Development (Coastal)
- Therapy Center
ABV in a nut shell
- 501 (c)3 nonprofit USA based organization – you can tax deduct the program fees.
- Available year-round. You choose your own program start and end dates.
- 27 country locations to choose from. Programs available from 1 week up to 3 months in length.
- 245 perfectly balanced projects - experience, price, service.
- 100% cultural immersion including local home-stay and guesthouse accommodations.
- Program fees include airport transportation, orientation, housing/meals, 24/7 in-country support.
- Suitable options for solo travelers, gap year, honeymooners, families, mature travelers & groups.
- Excellent safety record and Platinum rated non-profit organization per Guidestar ABV alumni reviews.
- Between 1500-2000 volunteer per year with a high percentage of repeat volunteers.
The Santos-Gibboney family of 5, from Apex North Carolina, volunteered in Quito Ecuador for one week. The family was able to work in different projects including the day care center, the health care program, and the elderly care project. Thank you for your support!
This trip was incredible and I don’t regret coming for a second. Our trip was a month long and I think that is a perfect amount of time for first time travelers. Changing sheets, cleaning the bed frames, and washing patients will most likely take up all your time.
I could spend my mornings with tortoises or sea lions and my afternoons helping out at a local dive shop. My volunteering was exhausting but extremely rewarding. I will never forget getting to feed baby Galapagos tortoises or getting to hang out with sea lions on the many pristine beaches.
Volunteer Opportunities Ecuador: Social - Conservation programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks (Quito). From 2 to 4 weeks (Galapagos)
- Arrival Airport: Quito (UIO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Quito Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet