For such a small country, Ecuador has a lot to offer a traveler, stunning landscapes. The country is divided into four distinct regions; the Amazon, the Highlands, the Coast, and the Galápagos Islands. Volunteer projects are available in Quito from Day Care Centers, Elderly Welfare, Hippo-therapy and a range of health care program, in the Amazon and Coast with Community Development (teaching and construction) also on the Galapagos Islands with Conservation, teaching and child care programs and we also offer Language immersion lessons.
Although Ecuador has a steady tourist infrastructure, millions of people live below the poverty line, mainly children. Growing poverty, lack of education and limited governmental resources further worsen the problem of street children and orphans in Ecuador. Volunteer in Ecuador and help support the work at a local pre-school, day care center, community health clinics, as well as the environment in the Galapagos Island.
Volunteer Opportunities Ecuador: Social - Conservation programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks (Quito). From 2 to 4 weeks (Galapagos)
- Arrival Airport: Quito (UIO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Quito Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet