- Published on Sunday, November 04 2012 23:41
For such a small country, Ecuador has a lot to offer a traveler. The country is divided into four distinct regions; the Amazon, the Highlands, the Coast, and the Galápagos Islands. Volunteer projects are available in Quito, in the Amazon and also on the Galapagos Islands.
Although Ecuador has a steady tourist infrastructure, millions of people live below the poverty line, mainly children. Growing poverty, lack of education and limited governmental resources further worsen the problem of street children and orphans in Ecuador. Volunteer in Ecuador and help support the work at a local pre-school, day care center, community health clinics, as well as the environment in the Galapagos.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks (Quito). From 2 to 4 weeks (Galapagos)
- Arrival Airport: Quito (UIO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Quito Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|South America /US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
|Ecuador ( Galapagos Islands )||1950||2150||2250|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.