- Published on Friday, November 02 2012 17:15
The Spanish optimistically called the country "Rich Coast." Mention Costa Rica and people think paradise. Costa Rica, despite being such a tiny nation, draws well over a million visitors every year - and you can see why.
However, with this growing expansion comes threats to the eco system and some of the wildlife patterns. This is why our sole volunteer program in Costa Rica focuses on Sea Turtle Conservation and the preservation of the beach where they come to repopulate each year. Programs are offered year round and projects vary between Pacific Coast locations and also Caribbean base camps.
- Volunteers must arrive to San Jose in the morning or Noon flights, night flights will delay the start of your program by one day.
- Project length: From 2 weeks to 6 weeks
- Arrival Airport: San Jose (SJO)
- Work Schedule: 6-8 hours per day, 6 days a week
- Requirements: Basic Spanish, independent bus ride to/from project site
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Accommodation: Accommodation: Shared housing, dorm cabana style
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport (SJO) meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and San Jose Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Central America / US$|
|Costa Rica (Sea Turtles)||1180||1380||1580||1750||1890|
|Costa Rica (Internship)||2775|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.