Volunteer in Colombia with A Broader View Volunteers, our highly rated non-profit charity organization. The volunteer programs are based in the coastal city of Cartagena. Volunteers can choose between 7 programs options available throughout Cartagena Colombia.
Based in the city of Cartagena, the A Broader View volunteer programs have made immense improvements in the everyday lives of the Colombian woman and children we work with. The greatest commitment is to make radical change in the living conditions and focus on early childhood education. With ABV volunteers help programs such as the Learning Center, Elderly Care, Housing programs and cultural and sports have been able to expand and help fight extreme poverty in these vulnerable communities.
If you have a group of 5 or more interested in volunteering together, customized programs can be arranged. A Broader View Volunteers has extensive experience working with students and teachers providing tailor-made service trips for small groups.
Volunteering in Colombia is an exciting way to experience this tropical country with its fascinating culture, loaded history and coastal charm. Despite a continuously growing tourist economy there is a high poverty level, and many children are left the victims. High numbers of children do not attend school, lack proper nutrition, and find themselves peddling goods on the streets to survive.
Volunteers in Colombia will allow you to connect with poor and disadvantaged children. As a volunteer you will immerse yourself in the vibrant Latin American culture, help a local grassroots project and last but not least learn or improve your Spanish.
ABV Volunteer project focus on supporting the children of Cartagena, at a children's care center, and community welfare project.
Volunteering Projects in Colombia Cartagena
- Social Welfare / Child Support
- Child Care Center
- Language & Cultural Immersion
- Elderly Care
- Education / Teaching
- Women Support
- Children Support
ABV in a nut shell
- 501 (c)3 nonprofit USA based organization – you can tax deduct the program fees.
- Available year-round. You choose your own program start and end dates.
- 27 country locations to choose from. Programs available from 1 week up to 3 months in length.
- 245 perfectly balanced projects - experience, price, service.
- 100% cultural immersion including local home-stay and guesthouse accommodations.
- Program fees include airport transportation, orientation, housing/meals, 24/7 in-country support.
- Suitable options for solo travelers, gap year, honeymooners, families, mature travelers & groups.
- Excellent safety record and Platinum rated non-profit organization per Guidestar ABV alumni reviews.
- Between 1500-2000 volunteer per year with a high percentage of repeat volunteers.
My experience has been amazing, the month has definitely flown by. I couldn’t have asked for a lovelier host family, Elena has really made me feel at home. Her cooking is excellent, once she found out all my favorite foods she really made an effort to cook them for me.
The host family and volunteer experience was incredibly kind and accommodating, even though I did not speak the language well. We did our best to communicate and often used google translate. Excellent! Very accommodating and made sure I was taken care of for my entire stay.
My month in Colombia was absolutely amazing. I loved everything about the program and didn’t have a single issue. The only part that I found difficult was dealing with the heat! My absolutely favorite weekend trip was to Tayrona National Park.
Volunteer opportunities: Colombia Social Programs
- Project Length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Cartagena (CTG)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Avianca, Jet Blue, Spirit, Copa, American, United
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Colombia. Entry Visa.Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation.Travel Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet