Volunteering in Colombia is an exciting way to experience this tropical country with its fascinating culture, loaded history and coastal charm. Despite a continuously growing tourist economy there is a high poverty level, and many children are left the victims.High numbers of children do not attend school, lack proper nutrition, and find themselves peddling goods on the streets to survive.
Volunteering in Colombia will allow you to connect with poor and disadvantaged children.As a volunteer you will immerse yourself in the vibrant Latin American culture, help a local grassroots project and last but not least learn or improve your Spanish.
ABV Volunteer project focus on supporting the children of Cartagena, at a children's care center, and community welfare project.
Volunteer opportunities: Colombia Social Programs
- Project Length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Cartagena (CTG)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Avianca, Jet Blue, Spirit, Copa, American, United
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Colombia. Entry Visa.Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation.Travel Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet