Volunteering in Colombia is an exciting way to experience this tropical country with its fascinating culture, loaded history and coastal charm. Despite a continuously growing tourist economy there is a high poverty level, and many children are left the victims.High numbers of children do not attend school, lack proper nutrition, and find themselves peddling goods on the streets to survive.
Volunteering in Colombia will allow you to connect with poor and disadvantaged children.As a volunteer you will immerse yourself in the vibrant Latin American culture, help a local grassroots project and last but not least learn or improve your Spanish.
ABV Volunteer project focus on supporting the children of Cartagena, at a children's care center, and community welfare project.
Volunteer opportunities: Colombia Social Programs
- Project Length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Cartagena (CTG)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Avianca, Jet Blue, Spirit, Copa, American, United
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Colombia. Entry Visa.Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation.Travel Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|South America / US$|
|Colombia - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.