Our programs in Honduras offer an unparalleled opportunity to discover one of the most captivating lands of Central America. Honduras is a safe, democratic country bordering the Caribbean Sea on the north coast and the Pacific Ocean on the south.
In Honduras volunteers have a chance to see ancient ruins from the Mayan Empire and explore the limitless eco-trips available from white water rafting to rain forest zip line adventures.
The country is an ecological wonder; covered in rain forests, cloud forests, mangroves and thick lush mountain ranges with pine and oak trees. For all its natural beauty, Honduras is one of the 10 poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere, with almost 50% of the population living below the poverty line.
Recent years has seen a growing interest in ecotourism, especially along the coast, which is helping to boost some of the local economy.
Volunteering in Honduras will provide you the chance of a lifetime to explore this mysterious country while giving back to the community. Departure tax: US$35-40
Volunteer Opportunities: Honduras - La Ceiba
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: La Ceiba (LCE)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Taca, Air Viva, Cayman Air
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and La Ceiba Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to La Ceiba. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet