Volunteer in Honduras with A Broader View Volunteers, our highly rated non-profit charity organization. The volunteer programs are based in the coastal city of La Ceiba. Volunteers can choose between 9 programs options available in La Ceiba Honduras.
We offer travelers an unparalleled opportunity to discover one of the most captivating lands of Central America. In Honduras volunteers have a chance to see ancient ruins from the Mayan Empire and explore the limitless eco-trips available from white water rafting to rain forest zip line adventures. The country is an ecological wonder; covered in rain forests, cloud forests, mangroves and thick lush mountain ranges with pine and oak trees. Recent years has seen a growing interest in ecotourism, especially along the coast, which is helping to boost some of the local economy.
ABV programs are based in the coastal city of La Ceiba. Volunteer support has made dramatic improvements in the lives of the local people by providing adequate medical and dental services, upgrading the ambulance rescue services, and providing thousands of dollars in medical donations to the regional hospital. With ABV support the medical and social welfare projects are reaching thousands of locals.
With housing available up to 30 volunteers, A Broader View has hosted hundreds of medical and nursing groups, EMT trained volunteers, dental students, peace corp alternative teens and family volunteer programs in our Honduras medical. Groups of 5 or more interested in volunteering together can be customized. A Broader View Volunteers has extensive experience working in Honduras with students, teachers and families providing tailor-made service trips for small groups.
Volunteering in Honduras will provide you the chance of a lifetime to explore this mysterious country while giving back to the community. Departure tax: US$35-40
Volunteer Projects in Honduras La Ceiba
- Paramedical / Rescue
- Medical Healthcare
- Pre-Dental / Dentist
- Orphan & Child Care
- Language Immersion
- Teaching / Education
- HIV Awareness
- Elderly Care Center
ABV in a nut shell
- 501 (c)3 nonprofit USA based organization – you can tax deduct the program fees.
- Available year-round. You choose your own program start and end dates.
- 27 country locations to choose from. Programs available from 1 week up to 3 months in length.
- 245 perfectly balanced projects - experience, price, service.
- 100% cultural immersion including local home-stay and guesthouse accommodations.
- Program fees include airport transportation, orientation, housing/meals, 24/7 in-country support.
- Suitable options for solo travelers, gap year, honeymooners, families, mature travelers & groups.
- Excellent safety record and Platinum rated non-profit organization per Guidestar ABV alumni reviews.
- Between 1500-2000 volunteer per year with a high percentage of repeat volunteers.
We were always provided with 3 meals a day. The majority of meals consisted of rice, beans, eggs and tortillas and were prepared by the maid. The house has a secure gate at the entry and we never felt unsafe. Rafael and his family were very accommodating.
I would not trade this month for the world. It has given me incredible into lives that are so far from my own. As cliche as it sounds, my life will never be the same and for that I am forever grateful.Absolutely amazing. Rafael and his entire family were warm, welcoming, and loving.
Volunteering Honduras in the hospitals and walking through the neighborhoods vaccinating the community was one of the most unique and life changing experiences I’ve had. Our ABV Coordinator in Honduras helped us with everything we needed during our trip.
Volunteer Opportunities: Honduras - La Ceiba
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: La Ceiba (LCE)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Taca, Air Viva, Cayman Air
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and La Ceiba Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to La Ceiba. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet