Volunteer in Vietnam, For many Vietnam will forever be associated with the horrors of war and economic repression. But there are other scenes to be found. The green lush scenery and colorful hill tribes, floating markets of the Mekong Delta, and miles of white sandy beaches, draw thousands of visitors to Vietnam each year. Vietnam has become a favorite destination of more and more tourists to Asia.
The country has a vibrant legacy from different cultures evident in the character of its towns, as well as in the architecture and food. Despite recent economic gains, Vietnam remains a low-income country. A significant proportion of Vietnamese people live just above the poverty line. More than three quarters of the population, and 90 per cent of poor people overall, live in rural areas, mainly near river deltas. Almost 80 per cent of the country's poor people depend on agriculture for their livelihood.
Our programs allow you to take part in meaningful community service work, while discovering the wonders of this fascinating country.
Volunteering Projects in Vietnam Hanoi
Volunteer Programs in Vietnam Ho Chi Minh
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Hanoi (Code: HAN), Ho Chi Minh (Code: SGN)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 5-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents
- Airlines: United, Korean Air, China Airlines, Delyta, Qatar, Air France, Qantas
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Guest House or onsite dorm room
- Meals: 2 Meals a day (stipend)
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Vietnam. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet