India is an immense country. It is the most populous democracy in the world and well known for its people, fairs and festivals, forts, palaces, architecture, temples, beaches, music, dances and arts. Indian culture is considered to be amongst the worlds oldest, richest and most diverse.
Hindi is the national language but English is commonly used. As within 2820 languages in the whole world, so many as 325 languages are spoken in India alone. It is said that dialect changes every 8-10 kilometer!
However, wide spread poverty remains a fact of life for around 40% of the population. No other country on earth has more people living in slum settlements than India. Our volunteer projects are focused on children support, education and community building.
Volunteer Opportunities: Social programs
- Project length: From 2 weeks to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Maharana Pratap (Code: UDR) or Jaipur Airport (Code: JAI)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 4 to 6 hours per day
- Requirements: Police Check/Clearance report
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Jet Airways, Indian Airlines, Spice Airlines
- Vaccinations: Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Share Volunteer House
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch box and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Hindi Lessons: 5 Days included
- Optional: Indian Cuisine, Yoga, Henna and Dance lessons (not included)
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet