Volunteers in India support in India has helped hundreds of woman and children in Jaipur and Udaipur, where the ABV programs are located. Life changing improvements in the medical centers, increases in funding have helped to save endangered animals through impoverished communities. A Broader View offers programs for college spring break alternatives, university internship requirements and also family volunteering, medical mission work, animal volunteering. Many volunteers travel to India to discover a fascinating culture, while contributing to a community-led program.
If you have a group of 5 or more interested in volunteering together, customized programs can be arranged. A Broader View Volunteers has extensive experience working with students, teachers and families providing tailor-made service trips for small groups.
India is an immense country. It is the most populous democracy in the world and well known for its people, fairs and festivals, forts, palaces, architecture, temples, beaches, music, dances and arts. Indian culture is considered to be amongst the worlds oldest, richest and most diverse.
Hindi is the national language but English is commonly used. As within 2820 languages in the whole world, so many as 325 languages are spoken in India alone. It is said that dialect changes every 8-10 kilometer!
However, wide spread poverty remains a fact of life for around 40% of the population. No other country on earth has more people living in slum settlements than India. Our volunteer projects are focused on children support, education and community building.
Volunteering Projects in India Udaipur
Volunteer Programs in India Jaipur
- Animal Rescue Center
- Elephant Conservation
- Construction / Building
- Teaching English
- Teaching India
- Women empowerment
- Special Needs Children
- Child Care
- Medical / Health Care
ABV in a nut shell
- 501 (c)3 nonprofit USA based organization – you can tax deduct the program fees.
- Available year-round. You choose your own program start and end dates.
- 27 country locations to choose from. Programs available from 1 week up to 3 months in length.
- 245 perfectly balanced projects - experience, price, service.
- 100% cultural immersion including local home-stay and guesthouse accommodations.
- Program fees include airport transportation, orientation, housing/meals, 24/7 in-country support.
- Suitable options for solo travelers, gap year, honeymooners, families, mature travelers & groups.
- Excellent safety record and Platinum rated non-profit organization per Guidestar ABV alumni reviews.
- Between 1500-2000 volunteer per year with a high percentage of repeat volunteers.
This has been a very eye opening experience for me. I have done so many things that some people could only dream of. I couldn’t have had a better experience traveling to a poverty stricken country. The support was good and helped in a lot of ways.
It was an amazing experience. I come back to my home very happy and grateful. I want to come back to continue this great program very soon. It was excellent. I felt like I was at home all the time.
I got exactly what I was hoping for when I booked this trip. I learned a lot about how to help injured and disable animals while also learning about a new culture. It was a whole new adventure everyday and I am already planning a second trip to India.
Volunteer Opportunities: Social programs
- Project length: From 2 weeks to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Maharana Pratap (Code: UDR) or Jaipur Airport (Code: JAI)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 4 to 6 hours per day
- Requirements: Police Check/Clearance report
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Jet Airways, Indian Airlines, Spice Airlines
- Vaccinations: Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Share Volunteer House
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch box and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Hindi Lessons: 5 Days included
- Optional: Indian Cuisine, Yoga, Henna and Dance lessons (not included)
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet