Volunteer in China is the cultural center of East Asia: its social riches and 5,000 years of turbulent history place it among the world’s greatest travel destinations. The Great Wall, X’ian’s Terracotta Army, the Forbidden Palace and Tiananmen Square: the very names ring of history and legend.
The Shandong province, where are volunteer projects are based, is located on the eastern edge of the North China Plain. The Shandong peninsula is home to some of China’s best ports, located along the peninsula’s rocky, indented coast. The hilly countryside produces an abundant amount of fruit while fishing is the most important industry along the coast. With a history of more than 5,000 years, Shandong is considered one of the birthplaces of Chinese civilization. Shandong has also been the home of a large number of historical figures, including Confucius, the great thinker and educator from China.
Shandong Province is also considered the birthplace of China's pottery, porcelain and silk. Throughout the province the tourist can find traditional items like the clocks and watches of Yantai, the porcelain of Zibo, the kites of Weifang, the shell-carving and beer of Qingdao – host of the 2008 Olympics sailing events.
Volunteering in China is a way to immerse yourself in a new culture, while discovering one person can make a real difference in the life of a child's education
The Chinese Lunar New Year February 4 to 19
The China National Holidays from Oct 1 to 7
International Labour Day Holidays from May 1 to 3
ABV in a nut shell
- 501 (c)3 nonprofit USA based organization – you can tax deduct the program fees.
- Available year-round. You choose your own program start and end dates.
- 27 country locations to choose from. Programs available from 1 week up to 3 months in length.
- 245 perfectly balanced projects - experience, price, service.
- 100% cultural immersion including local home-stay and guesthouse accommodations.
- Program fees include airport transportation, orientation, housing/meals, 24/7 in-country support.
- Suitable options for solo travelers, gap year, honeymooners, families, mature travelers & groups.
- Excellent safety record and Platinum rated non-profit organization per Guidestar ABV alumni reviews.
- Between 1500-2000 volunteer per year with a high percentage of repeat volunteers.
Volunteering Projects in China Yantai
- Project length: From 1 week to 8 Weeks
- Arrival Airport: Yantai (YNT)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 4-5 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa, native English speaker
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: Air China, Delta, United, China Souther, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Private dorm room with bathroom
- Meals: 3 Meals
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet