Chile's striking natural wonders, its rich cultural history, friendly people and stable government make it an ideal place to visit and volunteer!
Although Chile boasts one of the most stable economies in South America, Chile suffers from one of the most uneven distributions of wealth in the world.
A Broader View Volunteers Abroad Gap Year Projects Overseas
There are estimates that almost 60% of Chileans live near or below poverty levels, with almost 3 million living in extreme poverty. ABV Volunteer project focus on supporting the children of Chile, at a very large orphanage and in several schools in La Serena.
Volunteer opportunities: La Serena Chile
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: La Serena (LSC)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 7-8 hours per day
- Requirements: intermediate/basic Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons while in country and Police Check/Clearance report
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Chile, American, United, Delta, Iberia, Avianca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Chile. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet.