For many low income families, with no means to pay for private child care, they rely on public day care centers. The centers provide care, safe haven and meals for children 6 months to three years of age. These centers provide children integral development in a safe and appropriate place; each center has an average of 15 to 20 children and 3 women in charge of the kids.
In each center the little ones will receive a balanced diet, serving school snacks and lunch. Volunteers will contribute to the education, child care, health and nutrition support provided by the centers. Tasks will focus on looking after the kids, feeding them changing diapers, pre-school educational games and recreational learning support, taking them to the bathroom and helping with the cleaning of the center. Volunteers with basic Spanish are welcome. Language Immersion lessons are available. This program is only for females.
*Imp: The transportation in not included to the program. The transportation (round trip) cost is around US$1 by bus or US$14 by taxi can be divided between 2 - 3 volunteers (35 min ride approx 8 miles).
(***Arrival to Arequipa must be done between 7am and 7pm local time***)
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Requirements: Female Volunteers only. Basic Spanish or Spanish lessons locally.
- Program donation: US$50 payable with the program fees.
- Arrival airport: Via Lima to Arequipa (AQP)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Via Lima to Arequipa. Lan Peru, Peruvian, Taca (Avianca) , LCPeru
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Arequipa
- Airport meet and greet in Arequipa. Next day city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 30 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing and afternoons free to explore the city
- Typical shift work hours are 8 am – 2 pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet